Friday, October 10, 2008

denial is not a river in Egypt


i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD. i am not OCD.


but if i was... only a few things get to me:

* cheese left out longer than a few minutes...
i fear that it will turn dark and nasty...
best just leave it in the fridge.
my family/former boyfriends use to mock me for this one... still do.

* having to use "hook" spoons for cereal.
(ya know, like "peter, catch!" way too large...)
and i have to use a plastic spoon for yogurty/puddingy-type products...

* pots and pans shouldn't get crusty...
that's obvious.

* cds/dvds... don't leave em face down.
just don't it, it scares me.

* white things. should stay white.
like appliances, wipe em off,
tubs, wipe em off,
hairy countertops...
and how i can't wash my face with a white washcloth...
gross.

* i have to have complete darkness to sleep.
i can't sleep anyway, but say i could...

* i check my email compulsively like every 2-4 minutes.
whatever, you so do too.


...that's all. i am fine though, really, fine.

i don't know that those are all that random though-
what gets under your nails?



4 comments:

  1. I am also not OCD, I'm ADD. I'm crushed not cubes. Check all computer functions several times a day. Clothes hanging the closet are all facing the same direction. I just wish that my OCD-ness was useful, like cheese preservation and whites staying white, and....you have me on the CD,DVD thing. But I d.e.f.i.n.i.t.e.l.y. got a charge out of your sharing all of the with the world. Oh look a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hair and crumbs on the bathroom/kitchen floor the day after I cleaned. dishes beside the sink instead of in the sink...and dishes should always be on the sink part, NOT the disposal part. That part is for rinsing. Not having a washing machine big enough to wash a down-comforter. Arg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My list is too long. But I'm recovering. Aren't I?

    I really think that most of my "OCD" issues are related to hairs and my kitchen, not necessarily a relation between the two, but if there happened to be a hair in my kitchen there would be a BIG problem!

    I don't leave ANYTHING out of the fridge for very long.

    If I can find a spoon I'm lucky. My girls use them for instruments.

    What's a crusty pot or pan? Never happened in my house. Seriously, it hasn't.

    You are so right on the DVD/CD thing.

    OOOOOh. There's that "hair word."

    I like white washcloths because the are bleachable.

    I have to have a nightlight and my security blanket is my blinking cell phone next to my bed. They say keeping your cell phone next to your bed kills extra brain cells. Maybe that's what's wrong with me!

    I do check my email a lot. And I'm usually disappointed.

    Loved this post. It made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find no problems with anything on your list. Either they are normal things to be concerned about or I am slightly OCD as well... I said SLIGHTLY!

    ReplyDelete