Wednesday, August 11, 2010


making dinner these days has been difficult, seeing as i get
mysteriously ill around dinner-making time.
but i did it.
stuck to the schedule with only 1 trip to the store.

for our first pasta nite:
bowtie lasagna

(foto and recipe originally posted by pioneer woman)
it was way yummy.

i used ground turkey instead of ground chuck,
and i sauteed up some onion with butter and garlic before i did it,
otherwise, the simple recipe stands alone.

for rice night, we did hawaiian haystacks

after talking to my pioneer cousin,
i think i will try this one using chicken stock
and beef it up some instead of using the can of cream of chicken soup...
we needed a little crunch, so we crumbled up some chex mix on top.

of course we had a pizza nite too...

we use my brother's fine tuned dough - makes 8 dough balls so we froze them before
we recreated the CPK BBQ chicken goodness.

Pizza Dough

3 package active dry or fresh yeast (4 ½ tsp)
3 cups warm water (110 degrees)
3 Tbs sugar
6 cups Bread flour or other high-gluten flour
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tsp salt

Add all ingredients except salt and 3 cups of the flour to mixer. Mix for 1 minute or until all ingredients incorporate. The dough should appear wet like a pancake batter. Let stand for 20 minutes in the mixer. The dough will almost double in size. Run the mixer for another 10 minutes. This will effectively kneed the dough. Run the mixer for an additional 3 minutes, adding the remaining flour until the mix forms a ball around the hook. Let stand in mixer for another 20 minutes.
Divide the dough into 8 balls, about 6 ounces each. Work each ball by pulling down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times. Roll the ball under the palm of your hand until the top of the dough is smooth and firm. Flour the finished ball and place on sheet pan (18 maximum per pan). Cover with plastic (bread) bag and store in Walk-in. (4 day shelf life)
Yield: 8 (10-inch) pizzas

now that i know how to use my own wok,
i been wokin things all over the place.
we threw some fresh pineapple in with the chicken to get happy
cause that's how we do it here in farmtown.

we have kind of a method to pizza now:
-build on a hot stone,
-at halftime in the oven move to the rack.
and it takes two, so we like to do it on saturday-
then you have toaster over pizza for after...

we just dropped some sauce on the top to fill in the gaps.
looks like this on the way out
though really it should be called "on the way down"

for "somethin new" nite last night,
i wanted to try a tomato soup - always lookin for a good one.

we tried cusinenie's simple tomato basil recipe
cept i ended up adding sour cream, cheese, and more chicken broth
cause it was kind of just tomato-y for me...

the good news:

husband has been smiling at my new case of domesticatia


  1. You two are too cute for words.I love reading your blog, it makes me happy. Im back in the blogging world, I'd love for you to sneak a look at it, I dont have too many fans! Love ya. ps- I hope you've recovered from Calli-teretz. I hear thats a nasty disease. :)

  2. you are so on top of it! i have been lucky to cook 1 meal a week, other than that Matt is stuck with frozen pizzas or cereal or takeout. i envy your not-so-sickness! glad your doing so well! i want to see more pics of cali!!